A Tradition of Quality
The Lucca Grill was established in 1936 by brothers Fred and John Baldini
and was named for their hometown of Lucca, Italy. From the beginning, the
Baldini brothers offered an outstanding menu in a friendly atmosphere, a way
of business which has been sustained by succeeding generations and has
become, indeed, a Tradition of Quality. Our customers always feel "at home"
at the Lucca Grill, with the familiar antique mahogany bar, the ornate tin
ceiling, the first pizza in Central Illinois, and the many framed newspaper
feature articles about the Lucca Grill from our local newspaper, The
Pantagraph, to The New York Times, to The Washington Post. The feeling of
"belonging" never ends.
The Lucca Grill is called the melting pot of
Bloomington/Normal and McLean County. Not a week passes without former
customers from throughout the country stopping for a visit. Many are former
Illinois State or Illinois Wesleyan students...others, such as State Farm
Insurance employees, have left the community because of business transfers.
The current and former customers all know that the high level of quality in
food and service will remain constant. It has been nurtured for nearly six
decades and is being continued by owner Chuck Williams, whose four children
represent the fourth generation of the original founders. ...Truly, a Tradition of Quality